Stay safe tonight! - October 31, 2014
Halloween is filled with ghouls, witches, super heroes and princesses. This year it falls on a Friday which means an increase in families and adults taking part in the spooky festivities.
Every Halloween has terrifying statistics that children and adults are more than twice as likely to be hit by a car and killed. This is in part to the dark clothing, masks and the increased amount of pedestrians out in the evening. Since the possibility of being injured is twice as high, please be prepared and stay safe tonight.
Here are a few tips on having a fun filled Halloween night!
- Make sure costumes fit properly and will not be a tripping hazard.
- Ensure that all accessories or props with costumes are dull and cannot puncture; they should be short, soft and flexible. Any toy guns, swords or weapons should be left at home.
- Reduce any loose and flowing fabric to prevent tripping.
- Choose face paint and make up over a mask. This will allow children and adults to have unobstructed vision.
- Supervise of children under 13 while trick-or-treating, older children should stay in groups and should have an established curfew. They should be expected to stick to a route.
- Remind your children to trick-or-treat only well-lit houses with front doors that may be viewed from the street. This includes instructing the kids never to enter any home.
- Inspect all candy before allowing children to eat it. Avoid handmade treats.
If you are partaking in Halloween adult events and bubbly concoctions, please remember to designate a driver or call a cab. Tonight with the increased foot traffic, it’s not worth the risk.
For all of you adults, who will be adventuring out with your goblins and ghouls, just remember at the end of the night you will have your warm and ready hot tub to climb into after the trick-or-treating is over. Climb in, relax and warm up! For more information on the Hot Spring, Caldera or Free Flow hot tubs, please visit our Residential Hot Tubs page.
Toys for Tots! - October 29, 2014
This year Pool World is jumping into the Winter Season by starting our annual Toys for Tots Drive a little early!
We are collection toys as of November 1st! The Salvation Army and the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve collect new, unwrapped toys until December 19th to ensure that children around out local community will experience the Christmas Spirit. This program inspires our community to give because of the hope it provides to less fortunate children, who without this program wouldn’t have a Christmas at all.
Through the years, Pool World has offered a variety of incentives for our customers to give to the local community during this time. Here are a few of the incentives for 2014:
Receive 10% OFF any over the counter purchase with your donation of an unwrapped toy with a value over $10.
Receive $300 OFF any hot tub purchase with donation of THREE unwrapped toys, each with a value over $10.
For more information on where to donate toys, please visit our Location and Hours page.
Team & Club Reward Red Cross - October 28, 2014
Pool World wants to give a big thanks to Cliff S. for selecting Red Cross as the organization to receive a $100 Donation!! Thank you Cliff!!
The American Red Cross’s mission to provide compassionate care to those in need through a network of generous donors, volunteers and employees to prevent and relieve suffering, here at home and around the world. They have five key services that they provide: Disaster Relief, Supporting America’s Military Families, Lifesaving Blood Drives, Health and Safety Services and International Services.
If you have questions in regards to Pool World's donation program, please visit our Team and Club Reward Program page.