National Honey Month - September 16, 2014
September has already started, but did you know that September is National Honey Month! Honey has a variety of uses including health benefits, here are just a few!
- Prevents cancer and heart disease because it contains flavonoids, antioxidants which help to reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease.
- Reduces ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders which was recently discovered and help improve bacterial gastroenteritis.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal by the enzyme that makes hydrogen peroxide which is added by the bees during the production process.
- Increased performance through boosting and maintaining a glycogen levels and is a great natural sweetener.
- Reduce cough and throat irritation through the use of honey, especially buckwheat honey. Honey has been shown to be just as effective as a single does of dextromethorphan.
- Blood sugar regulation is also a benefit of honey, because the honey has the exact combination of fructose and glucose works together with the body to regulate blood sugar levels. Some honey is even considered to be low hypoglycemic index.
- Heals wounds and burns by applying honey to the surface of the wound. This has been proven to be as effective as silver sulfadiazine.
- Probiotic, some honeys contain large amounts of friendly bacteria. These friendly bacteria’s include 6 species of lactobacilli and 4 species of bifidobactera.
- Beautiful skin, since honey has anti-bacterial qualities and when honey is combined with other ingredients it can be moisturizing and nourishing to the skin.
Since honey has so many benefits and a variety of uses then the latest recipe is highly recommended:
If you are looking for other recipes, please check out our Recipe of the Week page.
Pool School - September 15, 2014
Don’t let the amazing weather and sunshine from this weekend fool you! School is in session and Fall approaching fast!
To prepare for fall and winter, Pool World will be hosting their annual Pool Closing Seminar on Thursday September 18 @ 7:00 pm at our Central store located at 5701 E Sprague Ave.
This is an amazing event for new or experienced pool owners to come and learn about pool closing. Helping with this event will be our BioGuard representative who has years of expertise in the pool industry. Its an ideal time to come and ask questions about normal pool operation, water chemistry and pool closing. Come enjoy refreshments and take advantage of special savings.
Pool World’s annual Pool Closing Seminar is this Thursday September 18th @ 7:00 pm at our Central store located at 5701 E Sprague Ave.
Fall Newswave Newsletter! - September 12, 2014
Have you seen the latest and greatest edition of Pool World’s Newswaves Newsletter?!?
It was just released on Monday September 8th.
There are a few ways that you can get your hands on it! Sign up for our newsletter to be emailed to your account, sign up for a hard copy of the newsletter to be mailed out to you or visit our website.
There are many ways to receive it. Which way would you like to get your copy?
Check out the specials! It has fantastic savings and informational articles about closing your pool and winter safety covers! For more information, please see our Newswaves Newsletters!