Helpful Hints for Opening Swimming Pool - April 12, 2013
Here is a little more on how to open a swimming pool.
1. Clean decks and pool cover.
Remove all leaves & debris to prevent them from entering the pool when the cover is removed. Standing water should be pumped off cover.
2. Remove pool cover. Clean cover with Stow Away cover cleaner & store away for summer months.
3. Clean swimming pool and equipment. Remove all leaves, pine needles & debris from equipment, skimmer, basket and pool itself.
4. Remove winterizing plugs from pool equipment and pool & install summer fittings.
5. Fill swimming pool to full operating access. Generally middle of the skimmer.
6. Drain antifreeze and rinse lines. Wipe any antifreeze residue from skimmer and pool equipment.
7. Clean filters, (cartridge or de.) Use a product such as Strip Kwik or Kleen It to clean the filter if it was not cleaned in the fall.
8. Reassemble pool equipment. (Double check to make sure equipment is clean, installed and operating correctly.)
9. Start up the circulation system. Circulate pool 24 to 48 hours.
10. Clean sand fliter. Strip Kwik or Kleen it filter cleaner are both great product to use.
11. Brush walls, floor and stairs. Follow up with a vacuuming. Removing bacteria and debris is a very important step in opening your pool.
12. After the swimming pool has circulated for 48 hours, take in a water sample to Pool World to be tested. Follow up with water chemistry recommendations.
If you have more questions, please visit our How-To Worksheet page.
Season Supply - April 11, 2013
Have you opened your swimming pool? Are you looking for water care products for the upcoming swimming pool season? If so, come into one of our four store locations and ask about our Season Supply and the savings it has to offer! It doesn’t matter what size of your swimming pool is because we have packages from small to large.
If you are looking for more information on pools, please visit our In Ground page.
Traeger Rebate! - April 10, 2013
Spring Rebate Celebration is going on now with Traeger Wood Pellet Grills on purchases of their Junior, Lil' Tex, Lil' Tex Elite or Texas smokers. Which grill do you want?
Come into one of our four store locations for more information on the Spring Rebate Celebration or check out our website for more information on the Barbecue/Grills page.